Unfortunately, batteries degrade; they wear down with time. Fortunately, here are some steps you can take to keep them working longer.
1.) Charging habits:
- Unplug when charged – If the device says full charge; believe it, and unplug.
- Don’t store at full charge – Wait a minute after charging before power-down.
- Don’t discharge – Discharging a modern battery does not help; it is better to charge more often in short bursts than to discharge.
2.) Environmental concerns:
- Keep it cool – Think room temperature or below, but well above freezing.
- Let it breathe – When possible, keep the air flowing around the device.
3.) Device-specific features and tools:
- Reduce the power-grabbing features on your mobile device:
- Brightness – Dim it as the default; brighten only as needed.
- Sleep mode – If you’re not using it, give the device some downtime.
- Shut-off unneeded services – Enable GPS tracking only when required.
- Use apps to automate battery maintenance:
Please review the article Top 10 ways to improve battery life on your phone or laptop by Melanie Pinola of lifehacker.