The Bryley BU/DR Continuity process:
- Servers are prioritized according to business function and critical need.
- A separate, virtual image of each server is deployed at our data center.
- A secure, VPN tunnel is setup between client site and our data center.
- SSL VPN access is configured for specified mobile and offsite users.
- The failover procedure, with step-by-step instruction, is documented.
- The VPN connections and virtual images are tested periodically.
- SSL VPN access is updated periodically.
To use BU/DR Continuity in the event of an outage or disaster:
- The virtual server images are made live at our data center.
- The site-to-site VPN tunnel and SSL VPN clients are enabled.
- End-user devices are pointed to the new location.
Once the outage or disaster is resolved:
- Updated images are restored from our data center to client servers or Cloud.
- VPN tunnel and VPN access are left intact, but disabled.
- End-user devices are repointed to the original location.
Note: Our BU/DR and BU/DR Continuity solutions are enabled through Kaseya® , our primary, Managed IT tool, and are powered by StorageCraft®. StorageCraft’s ShadowProtect® creates the backup images while HeadStart Restore® permits the pre-staging of the recovery from these images.